The City of Bellevue is recruiting for the Eastside Conservation Corps and we want YOU!
What is the ECC?
City of Bellevue is recruiting students to join the Eastside Conservation Corps (ECC) - a new organization founded for the purpose of supporting the City’s efforts in environmental sustainability. The ECC will engage high school students in lifelong learning exercises associated with environmental stewardship and the energy efficiency industry, while increasing the uptake of energy efficiency behaviors throughout Bellevue's residential homes and neighborhoods. ECC members will be the brains and voice behind Bellevue's campaign—encouraging participation at the household and school level by developing outreach materials, reward structures, education pieces, and other creative approaches to completing the task at hand. ECC participation may help students fulfill community service commitments, leadership opportunities and senior projects.
The ECC will help Bellevue achieve its goal of helping local high school students develop career skills in clean energy, environmental conservation, communications, and leadership in support of bettering the community and making Bellevue more energy and environmentally conscious.
As involved students, YOU are fundamental to this community engagement message.
Let us know you're interested and help us get to know you by registering HERE.
You can also join us at our biweekly meetings on Wednesday at City Hall, contact email@example.com for more information.
- Solve energy efficiency problems in the community
- Build on-the-job experience working with professionals and fellow students
- Acquire knowledge in the field of energy and electricity
- Learn about environmental sustainability
- Receive service hours or credit for senior projects
As an ECC volunteer you will have the opportunity to work on:
Marketing, outreach and communications
- Interactive worksheets, campaign materials, social media, and guerilla marketing
Public speaking and education
- Festival and fair outreach and door-to-door outreach
- High school competitions, community activities, and neighborhood conversation
- Volunteer at Bellevue’s parks and keep the environment healthy and clean
Be part of something big, helping your community commit to new energy efficient behaviors, ultimately improving neighborhood livability and vitality.
For more information contact Jennifer Ewing at firstname.lastname@example.org.