The EnviroStars Program was created in King County in 1995 as a service of the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program. It has since been adopted across the region in Jefferson, Kitsap, Pierce, Skagit, Spokane, and Whatcom Counties.
The mission of EnviroStars is to provide assistance and incentives for smaller businesses to reduce hazardous materials and waste, in order to protect public health, municipal systems, and the environment.
EnviroStars is an objective third party certification you can trust:
- Local government consultants do on-site business assessments
- Potential EnviroStars are reviewed by WA Department of Ecology
- An on-going renewal process assures standards are maintained over time
The EnviroStars logo gives you an easy way to find and support environmentally responsible businesses in your community
- Reinforcing safer, healthier business practices
- Creating economic value for local business
- Aligning lifestyle, work and purchasing choices with your values
Who they are and what they do: The EnviroStars Cooperative (Coop)
- Is a consortium of government agencies and partnership organizations which have been licensed to provide EnviroStars certification (link to contact page)
- Is a business technical assistance consultants, leveraging resources and sharing expertise
- Is creating consistent expectations and green guidance for businesses