The City of Bellevue offers a host of resources, from fact sheets to videos to classes to help residents practice natural lawn and garden care.
- Classes: Natural yard care classes are offered to Bellevue residents each spring and fall. Visit our Events page or contact us directly for information on programs and to register.
- Guided Tours: Call 425-451-3755 to schedule a guided tour of the Bellevue Botanical Garden’s Waterwise Garden.
- Volunteer: Get hands-on experience with natural yard care by volunteering in the Waterwise Garden. For more information, contact Patricia Burgess or call 425-452-4127.
- Five Steps to Natural Yard Care
- Seasonal Gardening Calendar
- Garden Design
- MoreNatural Yard Care Resources
Step 1: Build healthy soil
Step 2: Plant right for your site
Step 3: Practice smart watering
- Watering Guide
- Drip and Soak Guide
- A Homeowner’s Guide to Becoming Sprinkler Savvy (video)
- Converting Sprinklers to Drip Irrigation (video)
- Setting an Automatic Sprinkler Schedule (video)
Step 4: Think twice before using pesticides
Step 5: Practice natural lawn care